Friday, November 30, 2007

Took my Wowman out to lunch Wednesday afternoon.

First off, let me say WOOHOOO COWBOYS! OK, now that's out of my system...

I get out of my fifth class of the day at 2:30PM, and then have to be back by about 4PM (accept on Friday) for the sixth and seventh, so there's usually not much time to eat, but we like to make the effort every once and a while to hook up in the afternoon, even if it's only to head over to my place or hers for a snack and a snuggle.

I headed over to her office on the main campus and was parking when two sleek jets cut through the sky in front of me headed south. I thought they were T-38 trainers at first (like old F-5s), but when they banked over towards me and I got a better look at their silhouettes against the blue sky I saw immediately that they were F-18 Hornets, probably out of the Naval Air Station in Ft. Worth. While I waited for Denise to come down they zoomed around in front of me, around the local air field west of the campus, and I got a little impromptu air show. It was cool as hell. I miss that sort of thing a lot, having grown up on Air Force bases and seen it all my life.

In a little while Denise came down and got in the car and we were off. I was thinkin' about a big salad and a good sandwich at Jason's Deli in Killeen. I floated the idea but she came back with a better one. We ended up goin' to a nice little Italian place in Cove called Giovanni's. It's closer to the campus, and we hadn't been there in a while.


She ordered the Stromboli with ranch dressing to dip it in...



And I ordered the combination pasta. Its a plate of about 6 different kinds of pasta, including lasagna, covered with a great tomato sauce. I ordered meat balls to go in top of it all. Damn, it was good. The bread at this place isn't the greatest, but it's affordable and close, and the meals are great.

Wednesday night was pool night, and I actually had a win. It was ugly at times, with me making long or complicated shots only to miss easy short ones, but the lady I was playing cooperated with me by missing enough shots to give me a chance to sink the 8 a few times. I was happy. It was a two cigar night, and was gonna be a two mug night, but while I was playing one of my teammates mistakenly walked off with my beer. The waitress looked at me and asked if I wanted another one, and I looked at the empty that was sitting there and wondered what the fuck? We all gave him hell, but I didn't make him get me another. One was enough. I was gonna be drivin' in a short while, and there are a lot more adult beverages where I was headed.

Thursday morning Denise woke up feeling bad, with a headache and sore throat. I swear, if anyone in her office goes through there with a bug, Denise picks it up. I call her Typhoid Mary. For some reason, these bugs don't make the jump to me, but they lay her out. She called in sick and laid in, takin' a swig from a bottle of DayQuil now and then, and swearin' she was really ok and would get over it by Friday.

See, we've got plans. She floated the idea early in the week that she wanted to sleep in Saturday and then head back down south to Fredericksburg and do some Christmas shoppin'. I said somethin' like "Well hell, why don't we just get a room and spend the night?" Here eyes got big and a smile flashed across her face and the deal was done. There are a lot of nice ranches and B & Bs down there that cater to visitors, but I've been eyein' the nice hotels down at the end of the strip. I figure we can stay out late, check out the live music at a few clubs, do some pub crawlin' and then stagger back to the room and collapse. I called and a nice room with a king is a little less than $100 a night. Too cool. It was lookin' like another weekend of good food, good foreign (north of the Red River) beer, good smokes, and good snugglin'.

Now she's got a friggin' bug, and it's not goin' away, so the new plan is to bring her over here for the weekend, get some good pills down her and let her rest and get pampered while I get things done around the house. It was gonna be fun to walk the strip down in FBRG again with a good ceeegar blazin', but there's always next weekend. She'll be better by then, and the good times to be had down there aren't goin' anywhere.

My plan today is to head over to Temple like usual and take dad to eat Chinese, regular as clockwork. I might go over to Salado and wander through a cigar shop there on the way to dads. It's always fun to experiment. See what I can find that strikes my interest.

You guys try to have fun too. I'll see ya later. Cheers.

10 comments:

Cookie..... said...

Dayaamn FHB...I took one look at that Stromboli and got hungry...and I just finished dinner.. ;-) No wonder I'm gainin weight!

BTW...I saw your comment over at Mushy's about the Pin-Up's. I've had several contacts with Gina and she's tryin to get the word out as much as possible...so if'n you wanted to post sumthin bout her and her site...feel free to get on over to the Cookshack and copy the post that I've got up (about 4 or 5posts ago)...or re-post Mushy's...

I'm sure she would appreciate all the help she can get to help those wounded heros...

Thanks Mate....

Sarge Charlie said...

You are always making me hungry, you do have a way with food photos.

J said...

I'm sorry your plans didn't work out. Send my best to Denise. Hope your weekend goes well!

Alex L said...

Must you always torture us with pictures of food.

Christina RN LMT said...

The food looks delish, as always, especially as I'm sitting here eating breakfast cereal.

Take care of your lady, and have a fun weekend!

BRUNO said...

I like stromboli, too---but ain't no way I could eat a whole one THAT size, anymore!

Nope, this is a "wife-working" weekend for me, which means, "microwavable-cuisine"!

You go ahead and eat a couple extra of whatever you order, with MY blessings...!

phlegmfatale said...

Gosh - that Italian food sure looks good at 10am on a Sunday!!! Yum.

Lin said...

Gawd, that food looks fabulous. Send me your doggy bags, PLEASE! Heck, I'd settle for licking the plates off.

Next time you or Denise start to feel something coming on, start taking vitamin B and C every couple of hours until it backs off. If you're already fully sick, just good lovies is about all you can do while you wait it out.

Diva said...

That's it. I've done had enough. I'm not looking at your blog until after lunch time ever again. I leave tasty treats.

PRH said...

Looks good, but also like a Heart Attack in waiting....not sure I could eat the whole thing, but would give it a try.