Saturday, November 24, 2007

Just uploaded those pictures from Ft. Martin Scott.

You can go here and check them out. Meanwhile, here's a taste.



I just don't think they made beds big enough for the FHB back in the old days. And on another level, how the hell did normal sized folks like me engage in, you know, normal adult behaviors, ridin' the hobby horse, without breakin' the bed? It's a mystery. I guess beds were just for sleepin in back then.



Dave was in the slammer so we could get a shot showing how small the cells were. He got nervous when I closed the door. There's no trust in this relationship.



And here's the tent set up by one of the rendezvous participants. Notice the double bed (two cots pushed together), the wood burning stove keeping the place toasty, and the little dog who perked up when I stuck my head in to take the shot. This dude knows how to camp. Huge envy.

Anyway, I'm headin' over to eat Thanksgiving leftovers at Mom's, so you guys stay warm and have a great Saturday night. Later.

13 comments:

Chuck said...

Yeah with beds like that I'm guessing there was a lot of "side of the bed doggie style" going on back in the 19th century! lol

FHB said...

Yea, and lots of fields and barns and wherever the mood hits ya, just like now. I'd just be afraid to break everything I sat in. They musta been little bitty folks back then.

Trashman said...

I pass that fort everytime I go to visit momma. Never stopped. I guess I'll have to now.

Lin said...

Now was this the same Dave who picked up your new CMP toy for you? We were kind of wondering if he also cleaned the cosmo off for you. ... And then you locked him in the slammer just like that?

Christina RN LMT said...

I noticed the chamberpot peeking out from underneath the bed...no way, folks. It'd be outhouse for me, regardless of the weather!

Yuck.

FHB said...

Trashman - Yea, I've passed it myself a million times. I was glad he had the idea to go. It was cool.

Lin - Yep, same Dave, but apparently he didn't need to clean the gun for me. It arrived as you see it in the pictures. And a little jail time never hurt anybody.

Christina - Yea, somethin' just rude about that thing.

GUYK said...

I enjoy the old forts. If you ever get a chance check out Ft Sill...

Christo Gonzales said...

well FHB you are jumbo so thats no surprise...LOL I guess folks didnt have the kind of grub you chow on ....

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i have a backache just looking at that bed! ha ha ha

smiles, bee

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Is the dog in the picture?

FHB said...

Guy - Been there, and Ft. Davis too, ot in West Texas. There was an old Stockaded fort in Missouri that we were taken to on a few field trips when I was a kid, And I think it overlooked a river, but I can't remember where it was or what it was. Love these old places.

Doggy - Yep, or as much food to eat.

Bee - Me too. I'd be layin' sideways and half off the thing.

Mushy - Yep. Look at the center pole, down by the bed. He's sittin' there with his head cocked, wonderin' if he should start barkin'.

H2o said...

Don't feel to bad FHB...I'm way to tall to fit in that bed.

FHB said...

We'd have to improvise, adapt, ands rise above the obstacles.