Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Going to see a show tonight, on the down low.


I may well be kidnapped by space aliens this evening, probed (no tongue), and forced to attend a concert in Austin rather than go to my 4:45 class. You know, it could happen.



I have one ticket to just such an event, and mysteriously, it's for a show that plays this evening at 6PM at The Back Yard in Austin.

Why just one ticket? Well, my friends are all pussies, that's why. They've got too many things to do to be bothered, and probably think the music won't be any good without the weed they used to smoke at such events in their youth.

So, they've allowed themselves to get old, which means that firm young stuff like yours truly will have to venture out alone. That's cool. More fun for me than. If people abjectly refuse to have a life, there's nothing I can do to make them.



So, I'll be chillin' on the lawn, enjoying some second hand pleasure, ready with my trusty boonie hat for the elements. You see, it's been raining the last few days. I refuse to be deterred by fools, or the elements. It's only water.

Maybe the aliens will stop probing me long enough to let me dig the tunes. Maybe I'll meet someone there on the lawn that will allow me to probe them further, about things alien and musical, or whatever. I'm only just a bit worried.

Based on earlier reports, from usually reliable sources, these guys sucked big greasy ones when they played a show in Knoxville last month. Brother, I wish to God that they'd shined for ya. I know they can, from previous experience. Saw them in Austin in about '95. Here's a clip that I can't post (assholes), but it's a great one, from that very same '95 tour.

If all goes well, they should sound something like this.



And just because I do love ya, here's The Stereophonics, doing Superman.

15 comments:

Alex L said...

I'm not really a fan of the Black crowes, people that dont wear shoes really get my goat, but i saw them on letterman (well the two brothers) recently and they werent bad, hope its a good show.

J said...

Hope you had fun tonight! I'm sorry you had to go by yourself.

Christina RN LMT said...

Hope you have fun tonight, FHB...just don't enjoy the probing too much!

Sarge Charlie said...

I saw things that look like that top photo, you could buy them in a men's room machine, I never knew they made them for your head.........smile

*Goddess* said...

You couldn't even drag Denise to that concert? Damn.

FHB said...

Sarge - LMAO man. Yep it's like a french tickler, for people who like to stick their head up ther ass. I'm one of thiose folks, from time to time.

Goddess - She would have gone, but she doesn't like the music and I didn't want to have to deal with her bitching about the heat, or the rain, or the grass, or anything else. She'd be harshing my mellow, if you know what I mean.

Unknown said...

I saw The Black Crowes with Lenny Kravitz in San Antonio a few years ago and it was the best show I've ever seen. They are coming to Seattle in early October but I can't decide if it will be worth going and seeing them in some hall, rather than what it was like to do it outside in the rain.

Christo Gonzales said...

drank beers in the afternoon in a dive bar in NYC in the late 80's early 90's with the lead singer of that band...

FHB said...

Becky - Yep, Mushy saw them in a hall in Knoxvill a month or so ago and their sound system was lame, so I'm worried. But this is an outdoor place. When I saw them in '95, it was in this indoor place in Austin that isn't there any more, and it was great. I guess it's a toss up. Hope it's good. Tickets are too high now for things to suck. There ought to be a law!

Doggy - Really? Cool. Sounds like blogger fodder to me.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

have fun honey!

smiles, bee

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

P.S. Yeah, acoustic who have been great...our concert was not so!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

FRIG - ...would have been great!

DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FIRST COMMENT.

NICKEL said...

Enjoy your evening.

BRUNO said...

Well, you should be nice and soggy by this time! Better store-up a few sick days, for the ensuing illness...!

J said...

Here's hoping it went well! Let me know how much fun it was. Man, am I ever jealous!!!