Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Monkey's off my back, for now.

It was pool night tonight, down at the USA Club. Met the guys at 7:30 and hoped they'd play me late again, so I'd have a chance to get some practice in. But they decided to play me first. This time I went up against a dude who was about my speed, and I managed to pull it out. He won the first game and then scratched the second, sinking the 8 ball out of turn. I won the third by hitting a trick shot that one of the other guys showed me how to set up. I hit the 8 off the far side and angled it back into the corner pocket down where I was. I was like, "Are you sire this is gonna work?", and they were like "Just fuckin' shoot it!" It was purdy. Hey, a win is a win, by God. Lord knows when I'll get another.



After that I just sat back and watched the other guys and gals play. Tried to learn a thing or two.



Of course, the booze and cigars were on hand. I had my regular three mugs of Dark Lager, and smoked a Taino, and then a Mac. The Tainos are a bit stronger than the Macs, and take a while to finish. Long, fat bastards. Fittin' eh? Well, kinda.

To celebrate the monkey bein' off my back, here's a classic video from YouTube. Don't click on it if you're easily offended. Cheers.




12 comments:

Alex L said...

Its been a while since I've played pool, probably even longer since I won a game... that monkey you got off your back seems to be on someone elses now judging by that video.

Sarge Charlie said...

Hot monkeys.......

*Goddess* said...

Why is it that every time I see the words "do no click if you're easily offended," I immediately have to click?

LOL! Loved the interfering monkey at the end...talk about coitus interruptus;)

Maggie Moo said...

Damn, I'm not easily offended but I can't see this b/c I'm at work...

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

"Who be playin' with my monkey balls?" Fell out of the chair on that one!

Glad you got your grove on!

GUYK said...

I never considered bank shots trick shots..the right English on the cue ball and hitting the right spot on the bank I reckon is the trick. And of course the tables in the bars are usually so beat up and the banks so "dead" that no matter what you do you cannot get the spin you ned to get the ball to go where you want it to go..yeah, used to pay my bar bill on the tables.

david mcmahon said...

Great to see you among the winners ...

Christina RN LMT said...

Congrats, FHB!

No monkeys for me. I hate monkeys, they creep me out.

Have a fun Friday, don't forget food pics, please.

FHB said...

Man, I can watch that monkey video over and over and it never stops bein' hilarious. Thanks for the comments folks. You're all like family.

PRH said...

Who says we aren't close relatives? Going Ape....

Just added you to my short list of favorites FHB...thanx for these fun posts.

H2o said...

Gives a new meaning to hot monkey sex.

Lin said...

That U-Toob be so rooood! Even got Mark back in here from the front room, saying "What nasty stuff was THAT?!" I said "You know it had to come from FHB" Utterly vulgar but hilarious!