Friday, September 14, 2007

Some inspiration for your weekend.

If you can keep it together long enough, watch both of these. You'll like them.







I tell ya what, whatever problems I have, they're nothing compared to the shit that too many other folks have to deal with. What an amazing story.

Went out and played pool with Denise last night. We were supposed to watch other folks play, but the other team never showed up and forfeited a match. We got there and the place was almost empty. So I lit up an old Mac that I'd started a few weeks ago, the last time I watched them play. Excuse the crappy phone picture, but I wasn't in the mood to lug the camera.







Denise and I played a few games. She won three, and I won three, as I sipped a cold mug of Michelob Dark Lager and she her Seven & Seven. After the Mac was history I broke out a C.A.O. Churchill that I'd picked up last weekend in Salado. It turned out to be as smooth and mild as the Mac. I see why Mushy likes them.

We'll be headed to Temple to eat with dad tonight, as usual, and then Denise and I will take the old dude to another football game at his old high school. Denise wants to take my mom out for Mexican food while I take dad out for Chinese, but we haven't set it up yet. I'd love to get that sort of thing started on a regular basis, but mom loves her quiet time when I take dad out, so we may not be able to drag her out. Women of her generation feel like they have to get all dolled up when they go out, so she may not want to go to the trouble.

There's a birthday party this Saturday night at a local dive bar/pool hall we sometimes go to, for a friend of Denis' who works at the college and also runs the bar. It should be fun. They have Guinness on draft there, or I think they do, so I'll probably try it and see if it's better than the bottles. Maybe try a Black & Tan too. Hell, she can drive us home if I get to happy.

There's a Gun show in Austin this weekend, so I'll be taking Denise to her first one. It should be interesting to see how her British sensibilities hold up. She's pretty conservative politically, but being British, she's not too familiar with the gun culture. After that we'll head up to Papasito's for more of those bacon wrapped shrimp, slathered in pepper and butter/white wine sauce. I'll post pictures later, in case you're in the mood to ruin your keyboard, drivelling' all over it.

I hope your weekend is just as fun as this one looks like it's gonna be. Take care. Cheers.

6 comments:

Les Becker said...

What an incredible story. Thanks for sharing it, Hairy (I mean about the cigar-smoking in a bar, you know. You can't do that anymore, way up here in Canuckia).

Maggie Moo said...

I can't wait to go home and watch this (I can't see them here at work). Today is a day in which I need a reminder that lots of people have it much worse than I do.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

BRUNO said...

I've learned one big rule about an enjoyable weekend, or any other day-off together: NEVER make plans in advance, just wake-up, and hope for the best....!

Sarge Charlie said...

I got tears in my eyes laughing at your last comment, you are way cool dude, Miss Bee is busting a gut with laughter.

Actually I like those nasty comments, it is like giving me a free post, I did not even have to work at this one and got a bunch of good comments.

david mcmahon said...

Bacon-wrapped shrimp? One plate for me too, maestro

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what a kid, huh???

smiles, bee