Monday, August 20, 2007

Have some Thin Lizzy on a Monday afternoon.

Love the hell out of this band. Here's a clip of the guys, with Gary Moore as lead guitar, and the late Phil Lynott on base and singing part of the lead. I think this is really Gary Moore's band, with Phil standing in for a jam. Moore was the lead guitar in Thin Lizzy for years, joining the band in 78 when Brian Robertson left to band, and played the lead on this first video. Lizzy was famous then for their twin lead guitar sound, which was employed at the same time by bands like the Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Enjoy.



Pfew! Loved that, but here's my favorite. Loved this song for ages. In high school we all got a charge out of the killer guitar sound, and the fact that he spoke about the girls in Texas. We were all too aware of their qualities, from a distance.

Phil sings this one. He was way ahead of his time I think, and it's too bad he left us so young, from some stupid drug overdose. Imagine the music he'd be making now. The live vids of this song on YouTube don't do the tune justice, so here's the studio version with someones photo montage. Crank this one. Enjoy.



OK now, go back to work. Cheers.

5 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Nice guitar runs...I like it, but was never a big fan for one reason or the other. Those that came after, I guess, just overpowered them.

Thanks for the memories.

none said...

Good 70's stuff. I didn't get into them much at the time because of radio over play.

david mcmahon said...

G'day FHB,

There's only one way to listen to music - crank it right up. I'm with you.

Keep smiling

David

Sarge Charlie said...

takes me back a few years, thanks

FHB said...

Well guys, I'm glad you liked it. I was drivin' down to Austin to go to a gun show last Sunday and my buddy was blarin' a home made CD, and I got the idea for the post.