Friday, August 24, 2007

Went out and watched to pool players again last night.

I'm told now that I'll start playing in two weeks. I told them that I'll be in Austin at a concert that night, so we'll have to work something out. Priorities.

Anyway, Denise and I went to the US Club in Killeen to watch the games, and cheer on our friends, and this time I took the good camera. Mushy gave me such a scolding last time I posted crappy phone camera shots, I figured I was obliged.



Thing is, folks around here don't necessarily take kindly to havin' their picture taken in a pool hall. The guy in the blue hat told me, jokingly, that he couldn't have his picture taken. He owes child support.



I sneaked a few decent shots of Denise, but soon she realized what I was doing and began to frustrate my efforts.



I think she may be in the witness protection program or something. I'll have to quiz her later.



As we watched the games and talked to the folks, I was finishing off one cigar from the last evening, and starting another, and downed three mugs of Michelob Dark Lager. That stuff was stout, and beat the hell out of that Guinness I drank the other night. I was feelin' good, so Denise drove us home after.

She's gonna join me today when I head over to Temple to take dad out to eat. I'll stop in Salado first to get my once-every-six-to-eight-weeks haircut, and she'll get to meet my cousin Peggy. That'll be a hoot. Then maybe my sister will join us to take dad to eat. Maybe mom too. Anyway, it should be a nice evening.

Well, I'm off to class. I have to run through Teddy Roosevelt's era in one class and finish up to 1789 and review in the other. Falling off a log type stuff, all up here in my head. Love the hell out of T.R. . He's one of the folks in history that I'd love to meet and spend time with. Him and Ben Franklin. Anyway, I hope your weekends are calm and lazy. Cheers.

6 comments:

none said...

Good pics and classic cigar pose.

I'll have to try that lager, I may have had it in a sampler pack but by the time I got to it I was already feeling no pain.

Have a good weekend bud!

I like TR too, not a fan of cousin Frankin though...

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yep, that's one I haven't tried yet either, but I don't expect much from Michelob....we'll see.

I haven't had a cigar since you were here...man I need to have one soon. Probably be Labor Day though!

*Goddess* said...

LOL'ing @ you sneaking pictures. I love that.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you introducing my favorite, Denise, to your family. I ate at Dynasty yesterday for lunch on my play day and still say the best things there are the deviled eggs and flan. The watermelon was 3rd and I finally tried the eggdrop soup (my favorite at most Chinese places). No so there.

I can imagine you "taking the air" with Sir Winston. Being the History expert that you are, I'm sure you know of this habit of his. I hope all are having a great time at Dynasty tonight! Belton Belle

phlegmfatale said...

Looks like y'all had a good time. I hope you had a blast with Peggy. Cheers!

Christina RN LMT said...

Good for you!

FHB, the stealth photographer!
Maybe you could moonlight as a paparazzi? ;)

It's nice that you live so close to family, and can introduce Denise.

I don't do the alcohol, so I can't comment on the beer.
It's odd, too, since I'm German, and grew up around beer and wine, was offered wine at every evening meal from about age 13 on, but almost always declined.

My mom was trying to develop my palate, but I remain a philistine.

Hell, if she were alive today, and living in the States, she would probably end up in jail for that!

Hope you all have a great weekend!