Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I got nothin'...

I'm busy as hell, with this new semester and my newly busy social life. I could rant about something, but not about anything that I want to put out in the street, so I got nothin'.

Thing is, I can hook you all up to a good rant on another blog. This guy's got a good one that all of you should read and think about.

I see these kids every day in class, most of them veterans from Iraq. They've been there once or twice, and some are headed back a third time. I have a huge amount of pride in these men and women, and admire the fact that they voluntered to do something that I didn't have the courage to do at their age. They make me proud to work here, and I try my best to open up their minds and educate them, while they educate me.

So, I'm pooped. Maybe later I'll be able to work up something serious, but not right now. Enjoy. Cheers.

6 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Personally, I thought this was a very good post FHB...anytime an educator recognizes that they too can be educated is a good day.

Thanks for serving your country this way.

GUYK said...

I agree with Dick...

H2o said...

Dick ought to run for president.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ah, I'm pooped too, just checkin' in before checkin' out. Sweet dreams, bonny lad. x

david mcmahon said...

G'day FHB,

I'm with Mushy on this one ...

Cheers

David

Lin said...

Hey, FHB, thanks for asking how we have been doing. Just got back on-line today.

Just lost my sense of taste and smell so I am getting all sorts of misty-eyed nostalgic over your food photos.

Denise looks like a treasure - great choice, great find!