Saturday, August 11, 2007

Shocking!

So, I'm workin' hard to try to undo even more crap that I've blundered into on this thing in the last day or so, concentrating on not messing anything else up, and I hear the unmistakable sound of a soft drink can being opened in the kitchen behind me.



My sweetie is in there working on a pot roast and fixin's in my crock pot. She's not only turnin' out a nice pot roast, but Yorkshire pudding too.



The smells wafting out of there are amazing.

It's warm in the kitchen, and she's seeking refreshment. Her idea was to abscond with one of the Yuengling Traditional Lagers that I lugged all the way from Pennsylvania, via Tennessee, and mix it with a 7-Up!



She calls it a "Lager Shandy". I dunno. These Brits are weird! The vittles turned out great though!



Roast and taters, Yorkshire Pudding, Brussel Sprouts (eeew!), and all the fixin's. Were gonna have to walk a few miles this evening, I'll crank the blues tunes on the hard drive and maybe bust out another Yuengling and a Mac. Hope all your Saturdays were as pleasin'. Cheers.

12 comments:

BRUNO said...

If it wouldn't be Saturday, you could send me some leftovers by UPS Overnight!!!

Just passin' thru, decided to say HEY.

OK, so now I've said HEY---I'm leavin' again.....!

Anonymous said...

Some people really have it made, Hairy! A great lady and she cooks for you too!! Interesting drink glass. Belle

none said...

Looks outstanding!

I had the lime soda with harp at a piano bar on the river walk. I liked it.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Cor blimey dude...soda in your beer? Did you go back to Texas and forget everything I taught ya!

The food looks great, but watch it our you will be finding that 30 pounds you lost soon!

She wouldn't be trying to get to ya through your stomach now is she?

Were those cornbread muffins? I doubt it...don't think the Brits eat such good carbs!

FHB said...

Dude, I can't control what this woman does! You know what that's all about. I just try to make sure she doesn't get ahold of my cigars.

Damn, wait up, she's shovin' me out of the way....

Yes, we do know a few things about carbs!!!! Those were not those corn muffin thingies, they were the real thing "Yorkshire Puddings", with proper brown gravy "Bisto gravy". A girl has to find a way to get what she wants even if it is through the stomach!!. Wait till he has fish'n'chips, bubble 'n' squeek, bangers and mash and shepherds pie. I'm still making sure he walks at the end of the evening.

Damn, pushy broad! I think I'll keep her though.

FHB said...

Well, for a while anyway.

Alex L said...

I hope theres some Black keys, or T bone walker in those blues.

Les Becker said...

Ahh, yorkshire pudding! That was the one thing my mother taught me that stuck. Mind you, cooking is most certainly NOT my forte, and I haven't attempted it in years now - mainly 'cuz it requires an actual roast to be cooked as well.

My God you're lucky, Hairy. Don't let your Brit Sweetie get away, ever. You'll never find another yorkshire pudding cookery-type person.

But keep her away from your beer. That's just nasty.

Cookie..... said...

Well Sir...ya certainly succeeded in makin this Cookie hungry....I now know what I'm gonna make fer Sunday dinner.....

Kevin said...

Yorkshire pudding, Bisto gravy and a shandy!
How cool is that! I LOVE Yorkshire puds, and topped with Bisto - you can't go wrong... I used to have shandies at the local pub back in Blighty, when I went in with my parents -- heck, you used to be able to buy canned shandy out of soda machines... good times!

FHB said...

Out of a soda machine? That kills me. Hilarious.

phlegmfatale said...

What a feast! I love Yorkshire pudding.