Thursday, August 16, 2007

Out with the fellas last night.



Yep, and other bad phone camera shot, taken in the darkness of a pool hall/bar, with no flash. I touched it up a bit so that you can see the ash on the end of that cigar. We were watching some friends play pool, which is a favorite past time during the week. The dark beer is some sort of Shiner. Not sure. It was cold and good off the tap. After my second mug I went to order pizza, and ended up agreeing on my return to join their team.

I like playing, but usually have a late night class and can't be there for the games. This semester though I have a window; no 7:30pm to 10pm class on Monday and Wednesday nights. So we'll start playing for real in mid September. What happens when the next semester begins in mid October is up in the air. I can always let my folks out early on Wednesdays and be their closer. It was a good evening. Anyway, the ash fell off on the floor right after I took the shot. Well, that's what they make vacuum cleaners for.

I have to be in Salado early tomorrow morning for a sort of family reunion. My fathers cousin from California is going to be at the Stagecoach Inn for breakfast, and he's invited all the relatives over for a meet and greet. No one has seen this guy in decades.

My folks last saw him in the late 1940s, when he was living in San Fransisco and they visited him on their way to Washington State after they were first married (Dad was stationed at Moses Lake then). The breakfast will be at 9AM, and then I'll have to be back on base for class at 11:30. Shouldn't be a problem. Should be interesting. I'll take the good camera.

Oh, and here's a little more Junior, along with some folks you should recognize.



And if this one don't draw you in, you just can't be had.

14 comments:

SpongyBones said...

Most of my family reunions are in Arkansas ... I don't go there, my Aunts try to get to marry their daughters ... well their buck teeth just scare the shit out of me ...

FHB said...

Spongy - Hahahaha! Hey, incest is best, or so they say. No personal knowledge. Love going to the Ozarks and floating the Buffalo National River. Been doing it almost every year since about 1980. Check out some of the pictures over on that FlickR link.

*Goddess* said...

Wait a minute. You can't have a night out with the guys. You have a gf now!;)

FHB said...

Goddess - She was by my side, the whole time (trying not to choke on the smoke).

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

"Incest ain't best, but it beats none at all!"

It ain't a boy's night out if there's a gal alone! Mushy's rule #45.

Nice smoke and beer shot...makes me proud!

409 was entertaining and brought back memories, but surf music was never my bag...ain't no sand in Tennessee!

The last one started out blusey, and I thought...wait for it....but it never came!

You do want honesty don't you?

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Who's out burning the candle at both ends, then? Jeez, glad you mentioned Moses, 'cos this relative of yours probably knew him, didn't he? Have fun, and then TRY to get some rest, you old dog you!

FHB said...

Mushy - Dude, I'd never expact anything else from you. Don't ever think anything else.

I thought the second one started out rockin' and bluesy too, but it reverted back to country. Hell, I like the stuff, and I love what he does with a guitar, and that's my attraction. To each his own. There's an audio thing on YouTube of him doing a decent rendition of Foxy Lady, believe it or not, but it's just audio, so I didn't post it. Hell, there's even video of him at Bonneroo.

Shrinky - Yep, story of my life these days. Used to be just work, work, work, but now there's a little play time in there too. And yep, he's in his 80s or 90s. But my folks are in their 80s.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

You passed a test Grasshopper - independence! Fight for it...accept nothing less.

Remember, we are different - we just have similar goals!

FHB said...

I gotta be me. It's all I have.

H2o said...

I love the smell of cigars....

Anonymous said...

What class are you taking? What for?

FHB said...

Dude, I teach college, History and Govt. I just started a new 8 week semester with 5 classes, and two more 16 week classes start in a few weeks. Pooped already.

FHB said...

And h2o, me likes it too.

Thanks, everyone, for all the cool comments.

*Goddess* said...

Aaaah, that explains it then!