Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Walked into work tonight...

And folks were joking about goin' into the men's room and tappin' the stall. "Just don't do it" they said. Not even by mistake. I was clueless. Then they showed me the story on the web.

Sen. Craig denies sex charge, says ‘I am not gay’
Lawmaker is under fire for alleged lewd conduct in Minn. airport bathroom.



WASHINGTON - Under fire from leaders of his own party, Idaho Sen. Larry Craig on Tuesday said the only thing he had done wrong was to plead guilty after a complaint of lewd conduct in a men’s room. He declared, “I am not gay. I never have been gay.”

According to the prosecutor’s complaint, obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press, airport police Sgt. Dave Karsnia, who was investigating allegations of sexual conduct in airport restrooms, went into a stall shortly after noon on June 11 and closed the door.
Minutes later, the officer saw Craig gazing into his stall through the crack between the stall door and the frame.


After a man in the adjacent stall left, Craig entered it and put his roller bag against the front of the stall door, “which Sgt. Karsnia’s experience has indicated is used to attempt to conceal sexual conduct by blocking the view from the front of the stall,” said the complaint, which was dated June 25.

The complaint said Craig then tapped his right foot several times and moved it closer to Karsnia’s stall and then moved it to where it touched Karsnia’s foot. Karsnia recognized that “as a signal often used by persons communicating a desire to engage in sexual conduct,” the complaint said.

Craig then passed his left hand under the stall divider into Karsnia’s stall with his palms up and guided it along the divider toward the front of the stall three times, the complaint said.
The officer then showed his police identification under the divider and pointed toward the exit “at which time the defendant exclaimed ‘No!”’ the complaint said.


The Aug. 8 police report says that Craig had handed the arresting officer a business card that identified him as a member of the Senate.


“What do you think about that?” Craig is alleged to have said, according to the report.

Well hell, I think a person should be able to get laid however, and by whoever they want in a free country. But Christ, if a SENATOR can't get it whenever he wants it, what the hell chance does an average dude have? And why the hell would he pull a George Michael, when there's got to be a few dozen call girl, or call boy rings operating for these folks in DC, all on the down low? I mean, LBJ has got to be spinnin' in his grave, laughin' his ass off at this one. What an fuckin' idiot.

The conversation at work soon shifted to a notorious bathroom on base, long since torn down, out by the old gas station, that used to be a common site where soldiers used to get arrested regularly for soliciting. Supposedly even high ranking NCOs and a few officers. These folks have been around here a lot longer than I have, and a few were stationed here while still in the army. They have lots of interesting stories to tell. I'll try to pry a few more details out of them... historical curiosity of course. Purely academic.

Poor dumb bastards, just tryin' to get laid, ending up screwing their whole lives away. Makes you wonder about the priorities of our criminal justice system. I mean, if they catch someone messin' with kids, it should be an automatic .22 double tap! But stay the hell out of a grown man or woman's business, right? What do you think?

16 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

I love it when they are caught with their pants down.

J said...

Well, you know what I think. As long as you're gettin it somewhere...that's all that matters right?

*Goddess* said...

I *HATE* it when guys deny up and down that they're gay while allegedly soliciting sex with other men. Man UP already. Who gives a crap if you're gay. Other than your wife....and I'm sure she has probably figured that out in the bedroom by now.

I love the way he voted AGAINST gay marriage. I guess to underscore his "I'm not gay!" stance. *insert eye roll here*

none said...

He was just toe tapping right?

Was it a sting operation with a cop hanging in the stalls looking for gay signals?

Weird stuff.

Sarge Charlie said...

He will not be around long, when a Republican screws up they clean their own house, not the same in the other party.

GUYK said...

The irony is that if it had been a dim-a-crit o one would have said a damn thing..everybody in the country knows they are cocksuckers.

Christina RN LMT said...

I don't give a crap. As long as there are no cameras in the bathrooms, and no-one engages in sex acts (gay OR straight) where my children or I can see them, I really don't care.
And stay away from animals, and corpses, too. 'Cause that's just gross.

Chuck said...

I agree with you FHB. As long as you aren't hurting no one folks should be able to do what they want to do...just don't let it happen to me....too often.

This has actually been quite educational for me. Now I understand why I get the occasional foot stretch under the stall when I'm "dropping off the kids at the pool" at Chicago's O'hare. And all this time I was thinking they were referencing the smell...

FHB said...

I mean, the dumb bastard deserves to get whatever he gets. Hypocrite. But the point is well taken, that if he were any one of a series of liberal Dems who've been outed, he'd be viewed in the press as a victim of some sort of homophobia, and not the perv he is. Hey, nothing against yer garden variety perv. Takes all kinds, and all kinds take it however they need to, so to each his friggin' own.

Anonymous said...

As small as airport bathrooms are, I can't figure how two guys and one guy's luggage all fit into a stall. I mean, when I'm doing my business, I'm already claustrophobic. I can't imagine another dude in there. Is one guy sitting and another kneeling on the piss covered floor? Are they both standing?

Now I'm really gonna be creeped out when I use the shitter at the airport. But as bad as my shit stinks, ain't nobody gonna be hanging around the next stall for long. Maybe I'm putting to much thought into this.

Diva said...

I don't know. All these brother's getting tagged tryin to hit it in the mens room or other seedy places. Look at George Michael, but I can over look that because he's hot and I've always lusted over him.

You would think these fellas would exercise common sense if they wanted to stay in the closet.
Not in a public bathroom *shiver* or a seedy theater or the Hollywood strip.

Get a room. Get ya some. I am a firm believer that adults should have the right to do just exactly that they want to do in the sack, as long as it's consentual with both (or all) folks involved.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess to each his own and I don't really care. As long as they're not hypocritical about it. But Jumpin Jeezus, it's called a shithouse, not sex parlor for a reason.

Christo Gonzales said...

I hear ya on this one but what if you were the guy being solicited...would you like some crusty old dude making 'signals' 'eyes' or whatever trying to get your attention..me thinks not...unless of course this is your kind of thing...which is fine by me.

Kevin said...

If a crusty old dude tried to make signals to me, I'd tell him to fuck off and that should be the end of it. We're all adults. I'm not going to feel "violated" or "victimized" unless an attempt at rape is made. I could care less about a senator's sexual orientation. The fact that he tried to find company in a public place just shows poor judgement, which is the bigger issue I think. Though not nearly as poor as that shown by Jefferson (D) Louisiana who had a freezer full of cash bribes. I wish the MSM would foicus more on that - you know, the REAL crimes?

phlegmfatale said...

I wrote what I think of this on today's blog post. I think he's a dirtbag, but then so is just about every S.O.B. in D.C. Nasty, out-of-touch wankers, the lot of 'em.

BRUNO said...

Ahhh---but the more important issue here is---did he WASH afterwards?

No, really! There are a lot of govt. dollars that go for grants to people to study the personal habits of others.

And people wonder why trust in your fellow man is a thing of the past...